Saturday, October 4, 2008

Political Rave: McCain Turns 100% Negative Attacking Obama

Good Morning Bloggers - Yes, I have a rave instead of a rant for a change. I thought we should highlight exactly how wonderful and positive the Republicans are in this campaign. Just kidding. I actually want to say how impressed I am by the Obama campaign.

To support my rave, I would like to compare the Obama camp to the nightmare that is the McCain campaign. Many of us probably thought it was impossible for them to go more negative, but they have recently. According to the website Talking Points Memo and the Campaign Media Analysis Group, Mr. "I'm 100% honest McCain" has shifted to an incredible 100% negative campaign attacking Obama. Every ad he is now showing attacks Barack Obama. Incredible!

By contrast, the Obama campaign is devoting less than half of Obama's overall ad spending to ads attacking McCain. More than half of its spending is going to a spot that doesn't once mention his foe.
  • Nearly half a million weekly is funding the ad called "Dome," which attacks "Obama and his liberal allies" in Congress for favoring "massive government."

  • A shade more than half a million is funding the ad called "Mum," which attacks "Obama and his liberal allies" as "mum on the market crisis."

  • Much of the remaining McCain money is funding a spot called "Overseas," which says that "Barack Obama and his liberal allies are to blame" for jobs going overseas.

I must say that I'm not very surprised. FactCheck.org has reported that many of McCain's recent negative ads are the "most deceptive yet in the campaign." McCain and his supporters should be ashamed of the crap they create, but I know that's asking too much from my Republican friends.

So, to my RAVE! I would like to point out how proud I am of the Obama campaign. I've supported them for almost two years now and they've done exactly what they set out to do. They've run an exemplary campaign based on smart strategy, creative tactics, and a very effective grassroots network. They haven't turned overly negative - like McCain, or even Hillary in the primary - and have impressed me throughout. I hope it leads them - and all of us - to victory.

Saturday's Political Rave #1 - Michael

No comments: