Monday, September 29, 2008

Shocking News: Cook Dies Eating Hot Sauce

Good Morning Bloggers - For those who don't know me, I love hot and spicy foods. I'm a New Orleanian at the core who loves his Tabasco sauce. That's why I need to post this story from the London Times that describes a young cook who died - yes, died - after eating red hot chili sauce. I was shocked to say the least. Needless to say I won't be taking any more dares to see how hot I can go. I also recommend the same for my fellow heat seekers.

An aspiring chef died after eating a super-hot chili sauce as part of an endurance competition with a friend. Andrew Lee, 33, challenged his girlfriend’s brother to a contest to see who could eat the spiciest sauce that he could create. The fork-lift truck driver, who wanted to cook for a living, prepared a tomato sauce made with red chillies grown on his father’s allotment. After eating it, however, he suffered intense discomfort and itching. The following morning he was found dead, possibly after suffering a heart attack.

Toxicology tests are being conducted to try to establish if he suffered a reaction to the food. An inquest was told that Mr Lee, from Edlington, West Yorkshire, was in perfect health and had just passed a medical examination at work. He was a keen cook and would often prepare meals for his parents. It is believed that Mr Lee had never prepared a dish as hot as the one he made the night before his death.


Food for thought, to say the least.

Monday's Shocking News #1 - Michael

No comments: