Thursday, September 11, 2008

Political Rant: Bush Administration Screws Big Oil, Literally

Good Morning Bloggers - I would like to be smug this morning and say "HA" to all my Republican friends out there who have told me time and time again that the Bush Administration is not in bed with the oil companies. Recent investigative reports from the Interior Department's Inspector General's Office - which still doesn't claim any indictments, which kind of pisses me off - states that Bush Administration officials in charge of collecting billions of dollars worth of royalties from oil and gas companies "accepted gifts, steered contracts to favored clients and engaged in drug use and illicit sex with employees of the energy firms."

I wonder what we'll find if they ever release the notes from the meetings Cheney held with his oil buddies. I'm sure there were a few memorable orgies at that level, since everything's bigger and better with Texans. Btw, is it just me, or do Bush Administration officials that break the law NEVER SEEM TO GO TO JAIL!

Thursday's Rant #1 - Michael

(Read the entire article at: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/09/10/AR2008091001829_pf.html)

No comments: