Friday, December 12, 2008

Bush Gives Medal to Domestic Terrorist

Good Morning Bloggers - Are you guys as angry as I am about the fact that George - the IDIOT - Bush has awarded the Presidential Citizens Medal, the second highest honor for a civilian that recognizes Americans “who have performed exemplary deeds of service for the nation,” to that Nixon Administration CROOK and DOMESTIC TERRORIST CHUCK COLSON!

Bush seems to continue his quest to be the MOST OUTRAGEOUS president ever. Come on, the man was President Nixon's counsel from 1969 - 1973 and went to JAIL for refusing to cooperate in the WATERGATE investigation. He was the first member of the group to serve prison time after he pleaded GUILTY to OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE. The man is SCUM. Is that what you Republican's consider an exemplary citizen?

I guess it stands to reason that Bush would see no harm done when it comes to obstructing justice. Just look at his Administration. It's almost a school for those wanting to learn how to obstruct justice. It just blows my mind that he would actually go so far as to give the second highest civilian medal to somebody who actually went to jail over it. I must admit, despite all my Bush rantings, this one leaves me almost speechless.

Think about it, past recipients include boxer Muhammad Ali, baseball great Henry “Hank” Aaron, civil rights icon Dorothy Height, and Defense Secretary Robert Gates. Colson the CROOK was given his medal alongside 24 recipients, including actor Gary Sinise and Teach for America founder Wendy Kopp. I'll bet they were impressed with COLSON being there with them - NOT!!!!

Back in 1973 Colson was called the “evil genius” of the Administration. Watergate historian Stanley Kutler points out that Colson sought to "hire Teamsters thugs to beat up anti-war demonstrators, and he plotted to raid or firebomb the Brookings Institution."

So, let me address my Republican readers. I especially want to hear from the ones who kept screaming day in and day out about Bill Ayers during the election. Don't you have a problem with this? Bush just gave a national medal of honor to a man who plotted to FIREBOMB a Washington institution. Wow, the silence is deafening. Unless you object, and I'm hoping to hear from some of you who do, then I say you're a bunch of freakin hypocrites. Then again, I already knew it.

Like Ayers, who is now a model citizen fighting for education reform, Colson has spent the years since Watergate trying to be a good citizen. Then again, when you look closer, it hardly merits a national honor (especially since he was a domestic terrorist). He has been an evangelical prison reformer running the nonprofit Prison Fellowship.

Of course, there has to be a Republican angle to his preaching. He advocates for “privately run prisons and the delivery of all social services by faith-based groups.” Wow, an evangelical prison reformer who fights for privatizing prisons. That does deserve an honor - NOT!!!!

As many of you who read this blog know I am appalled by most of what George - Fredo - Bush does, but to be really honest I never thought he would go so far as to give out a national medal of honor to one of his henchmen. Okay, not HIS henchmen, but still a REPUBLICAN HENCHMAN.

It really does throw me for a loop. I hope you guys remember this, because it's one more example of CORRUPT Republicans acting like they're above it all, holding themselves to a different standard, and acting like the government is their own personal play toy whenever they take power.

To me, it's one more reminder that they're all a bunch of narcissistic psychos WHO NEED TO BE REMOVED FROM POWER and forced into whatever restraints are necessary to make sure they don't do any more damage. I don't know about you, but I can't take too many more of their surprises.

Friday's Political Rant #1 - Michael

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why turn a blind eye to all the good that Chuck Colson has done in the service of his fellow human beings since his experience in prison, paying his debt to society for whatever he may have done wrong as a partisan actor under Richard Nixon?

Do we have no hope in this world that we might receive forgiveness as we expect forgiveness? Is there no room for a sinner who repents and turns his life around and does a lot of good in the world.

See here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Colson#Career_after_prison



Put your life and your positive contributions in life next to his and ask yourself if you can sincerely denigrate and discount a man who has worked so hard to help others.

Michael Boh said...

Hello Anon - I get your point, but I think you missed mine. I reacted that way BECAUSE Republicans treated Bill Ayers so poorly. BOTH men did horrible things and BOTH men led decent lives since and deserve forgiveness. I only object to that medal ceremony due to the EXTREME HYPOCRISY of it. Oh yes, and I would put my life up against his any day. I'm a saint! :) Bless you - Michael

Anonymous said...

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. [Gandhi]

Michael Boh said...

Thanks Anon, but I don't think it applies here...